What does it do?
Use our Teacher Maternity Pay Calculator to see your monthly take home pay while on maternity leave. It works out your Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and Burgundy Book Teacher Occupational Maternity Pay and provides a monthly net pay amount after deducting your tax, pension contributions and student loan.
What is the Teacher Occupational Maternity Pay scheme?
4 Weeks Full Pay
2 Weeks 90% of Full Pay
12 Weeks Half Pay Plus Statutory Maternity Pay (£148.68)
21 Weeks Statutory Maternity Pay (£148.68)
13 Weeks unpaid
Do I qualify for Teacher Occupational Maternity Pay?
Our calculator makes the following assumptions:
- You are employed by a local authority maintained school or work in a school that follows the Burgundy Book (check your contract). If your school doesn't follow the Burgundy Book, you can change the calculator Occupational Maternity Pay settings to fit your scheme
- You have been continuously employed for at least 10 months by your expected due date
- You intend to return to work at your school for a minimum of 3 months full time ( or the part time equivalent)
- You are eligible for Statutory Maternity Pay which you can check using our maternity benefits eligibility calculator
- You read the Teaching Maternity rights guide to confirm your eligibility
Would you like to know how our calculator works? Find out more here.