How does it work?
The SMP Calculator shows your monthly Statutory Maternity Pay after tax while on maternity leave. It can also work out your Occupational Maternity Pay (if your employer offers this) or Maternity Allowance and provides a monthly net pay amount after deducting your tax, national insurance, pension contributions and student loan.
You just need your due date and salary to see an initial Statutory Maternity Pay forecast. You can alter your pay details or maternity scheme to get a more accurate forecast afterwards.
The calculator makes a number of assumptions about your financial situation when calculating your forecast, you can find out more about these assumptions here.
The SMP Rates for 2019-2020 are
- £148.68, or 90% of your average weekly earnings if this figure is less than the statutory rate.
- £148.68 or 90% of your average weekly earnings, whichever is lower.
- You can see why using our calculator makes it much easier to work out what you're actually going to get!
The SMP Rates for 2020-2021 will be
- £151.20, or 90% of your average weekly earnings if this figure is less than the statutory rate.
- £151.20 or 90% of your average weekly earnings, whichever is lower.